“Philip Kent is talented, flexible, affordable and so nice! Very hard to find all those qualities in a Photographer!”
Kristin S. Ashburn, VA.
“The pictures were fantastic and beautifully done. I will recommend you to anyone who asks!”
Katie P. Centerville, VA
“I would not use anyone else to take my wedding pictures. I HIGHLY recommend Philip Kent. He is talented and a nice person to work with!”
-Laura Simons, Washington, DC
“Very Pleased with your work. Most courteous and efficient. Prices fantastic!” – Kristen Brown, McLean, Va.
“Excellent, if I had need of a photographer I would definitely hire you again!” -Lindsey Donohue, Ashburn, Va.
Philip Kent, Master Photographer – Credentials
- B. A. Degree in Professional Photography, Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, California
- Awarded Master of Photography Degree by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
- Member of the American Society of Photographers (ASP), open to Master Photographers only
- Awarded Lifetime Membership in the Professional Photographers of America
- Seminar speaker and instructor for other professional photographers
- Work chosen for exhibit at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT Center
- Experience photographing or coordinating photography for over 3,250 weddings.
- Veteran, U.S. Army Signal Corp
- Married, spouse is Karen, two sons, Colin and Ryan.
- Interests… Boating and off-shore sailing, long-distance biking, skiing.
What is a Master Photographer?
Most experienced and established Professional Photographers are members of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA). Its purpose is to enhance the skills of those in the profession, maintain high business and ethical standards, and recognize those who have made significant accomplishments in and contributions to the Professional Photography Industry.
One of the most challenging and prestigious goals a photographer can aspire to in his or her career is the PPA Masters Degree Program, where Professional Photographers can compete in state, regional and national print competitions. First, through extensive study and testing, the photographer becomes certified, a beginning step towards becoming a Master Photographer. After competing in state and national print competitions for a number of years, which are judged by qualified Master Photographers, the photographer may improve to the point where his or her work is accepted into the annual national exhibit of the PPA.
After years of study and challenging competitions the photographer, if successful, will have satisfied the criteria required to be awarded the coveted and prestigious title of Master Photographer by the PPA. This is recognized as one of the most significant achievements in any photographic career and the public, when utilizing the services of a Master Photographer for a wedding or portrait can be assured they have hired an individual who is capable of the very finest in Professional Photography.
You can email us using the contact form on our contact page